Tips of Effective Ways to Motivate Yourself to Lose Weight:
Determine Why You Want to Lose Weight
Write down your weight loss goals. Make sure your motivation is driven from within for long-term success.
Have Realistic Expectations
Setting unattainable goals can cause you to give up and lead to feelings of frustration. On the contrary, accomplishing and setting achievable goals leads to feelings of accomplishment. In fact, people who reach their self-determined weight loss goals are more likely to maintain their weight loss long-term.
- Losing 5–10% of your body weight can
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Reduce the risk of certain cancers
- Reduce joint pain
- Improve blood sugar control
Have realistic weight loss expectations. This will help you to boost feelings of achievement and prevent burnout.
Focus on Process Goals
Setting only outcome goals many people trying to lose weight only. An outcome goal will be your final target weight indeed.
Consider setting SMART goals to set strong goals. SMART stands for:
Some examples of effective SMART goals include:
- Next year, I will walk briskly for 30 minutes five days.
- This week, I will eat four servings of vegetables every day.
- This week, I will only drink one soda.
Set SMART process goals which will help you stay motivated. if you are only focusing on outcome goals can lead to a decrease and disappointment in your motivation these SMART process will be helpful.
Pick a Plan That Fits Your Lifestyle
The following dietary habits have been proven effective to help you lose weight:
- Decreasing calorie intake
- Reducing portion sizes
- Reducing frequency of snacks
- Reducing fried food and desserts
- Including fruits and vegetables
Celebrate Your Successes
Losing weight is hard, so celebrate all your successes. Then you will more likely be able to keep yourself motivated. When you accomplish a goal, give yourself some credit. The following are some good examples of rewards:
- Getting a manicure
- Going to a movie
- Buying a new running top
- Taking a cooking class
Make a Commitment
Who makes a public commitment are more effective ways to follow through with their goals.
Consider paying for a 5K in advance or investing in a gym membership, a package of exercise classes. You are more likely to follow through if you have already made an investment.
Learn to Love and Appreciate Your Body
people are less likely to lose weight who dislike their bodies. People are more likely to pick a diet they can sustain who have a better body image.
Following activities can help boost your body image:
- Do something such as getting a message
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Appreciate what your body can do
- Look in the mirror and say the things you like about yourself out loud
- Wear clothes you like and that fit you well